Research within the Network.
Methods related to the following topics are particularly high
priority for ongoing collaboration across the Network:
- using existing evidence in the
prioritisation, design, conduct and interpretation of trials
- improving the design and efficiency of trials
(e.g. through adaptive designs)
- choosing appropriate outcome measures for
- improving recruitment to, and retention in,
- finding effective and efficient ways to
- improving the analysis of trials (e.g.
dealing with missing data, treatment switches)
- improving health economic evaluations
Examples of research conducted across the
There are six HTMR Network Working
Groups, which undertake projects on specific issues in
methodology, including running workshops, producing guidance
papers, and liaising with stakeholders. In addition they have
also led sessions at Annual Meetings.